Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wedding Pictures: The Reception

I dreaded the reception. I hate being the center of attention so mingling in the most conspicuous attire I've ever worn for an afternoon was overwhelming to think about. But when Frank announced our entrance and I stepped into the church reception hall full of those same people I was so excited to see walking down the aisle my attitude completely changed. It was a blast as I moved from person to person and group to group.
I took a moment (probably awkwardly long for our guests) to look around the room at our friends and family.
Even though Erin told us what we were supposed to do, we still felt completely lost.
We did not smash cake in each other's face. Our mentors Steve and Candice told us that feeding each other cake is a tradition that symbolizes caring for each other and meeting each other's needs. We wanted to be mindful of what we were saying through what has become such a taken for granted tradition. 
My Bank of Fayette County family. I love you guys!
Bonnie caught my bouquet! She has a Bryan too!
Frank (who gave a moving challenge during the ceremony) announced our entry and the speeches. 
Trevor and Christian really surprised us by giving speeches. What a wonderful surprise!
Brian and his Mines friends
My Martin girls!
Lindsay drove all the way from Virginia on the day before her Campus Crusade support deadline. Linds, you'll never know how much that meant to me!
Christine and Margaret :)
Frank
Pooh (who is responsible for all the pretty flowers) and Susan (both part of my bank family)
Hungry bridesmaids
Tomorrow's pictures will be of our going away. Lots of balloons and emotional goodbyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!