Monday, September 14, 2009

Wedding Pictures: It's in The Details



There were so many people involved in planning our wedding that I'm overwhelmed with gratitude when I think about it for any length of time. Pattie and Mom started looking at churches and meeting with caterers soon after we were engaged. Before long Erin joined the Ramsey wedding planning committee and around the same time Pooh volunteered her genius to the decorating.

Pooh was simply amazing in spite of me. I don't know a thing about flowers so I just told her to "make them pretty." And she did.  The cake was delicious. It was Almond mocha something and very moist.


 

This is Nikki. She has done Mom's and my hair for years. She made a special trip to the church the morning of the wedding for us even though she had her class reunion that evening

This frame was at the reception for people to sign and now it hangs in our hallway. It was so fun to read everything people wrote to us.  
                                                    
I put off getting wedding jewelry. I don't wear a lot of jewelry so I knew whatever I did get had to be simple because me wearing a lot of bling would look plain silly.

A few days before the wedding Mom gave me a necklace that she had custom made by our county Jeweler. I have no idea what I will do if Brian and I have more than one daughter because goodness knows they will all want it. I wear this necklace anytime I'm not in running clothes. Good job Mom.

Our wedding party really outdid themselves with the get-a-way car. They FILLED the cab with balloons bearing verses from Song of Solomon like this. If you look closely you can see the look of shock on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!