Friday, September 18, 2009

Wedding Pictures: Farewell

"Ashley, it's time to go. People are starting to leave so I'm going to get everyone lined up outside to blow bubbles," Erin said very calmly.

"What? No, I'm not ready yet." I answered in a panic. "It can't be over yet. It just started. I'm not finished."

And the tears commenced. I'm not sure what made me so emotional in that moment. Leaving Tennessee and consequently my family for an indefinite period of time, feeling like I hadn't spoken to all of my guests (a personal goal of mine for the reception), or just being taken by surprise.

Brian and Erin tried to comfort me but I stepped back and explained I just needed a minute and I would be okay (I think somewhere in this time frame I asked for my mother and I'm not sure if she came or not. I think she did. Like I said it was all very fast.)

Erin started crying too and when I asked why, she said, "We'll I can't not cry if you're crying." I dried it up for the sake of my new husband and my precious coordinator and we met our friends and family outside with bubbles and goodbyes.


Preparing to blow bubbles

Nathan

I hate being sticky

My best girlfriend, my shopping buddy, my advice giver

Another gift from our sweet wedding party

The car was done tastefully and we were thankful

The Best Mother-in-law ever!

Brian was messing up my dress

Brian's niece Hailey saying goodbye



Somerville First Presbyterian Church
August 1, 2009

1 comment:

  1. I think some people are having problems with commenting so this is a test.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!