Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Suiting Up

Today I'll be going to the Career Fair.  Every semester here at the Colorado School of Mines the school brings together hundreds of companies who are interested in hiring us Mines students.  What this means for me is:  Jackpot!

I'll be dressed up nice, handing out my printed resume, and finding out more about some of the engineering companies I'm interested in.  This Fair is a win-win because it takes the guesswork out of job-searching.  No, it does not guarantee a job placement, but it certainly gives the recruiters a face to go with the resume they'll receive from me.

The next step is to setup an interview.  As the recruiters wade through the many qualified (and some not so qualified) Mines students, they will inform those in which they see potential to sign up for an interview slot on our school's career website (affectionately called "DiggerNet" because we are the CSM OreDiggers!)

Please pray for me today.  I'm hoping that God will give me grace with the recruiters, the interviewers (assuming I get into an interview), and my potential employers.  I am going to graduate this coming December, and it sure would be great if Ashley and I knew where I will be employed.

We have no fear, though.  Ours is a good God who will neet our every need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!