Thursday, September 24, 2009

May I say Impressed?

I have read a blog post Ashley wrote for the new Young Married Life blog on Focus on the Family's website several times and I am impressed.  I am impressed first of all with Ashley's writing.  Sometimes she is overcritical of her own writing (which I've noticed is common among writers.  Even C.S. Lewis thought himself unqualified at first.)  Then, I look at her work and can confidently encourage her that she does a great job writing about all kinds of things.  Her humor, insights, and style flow well, and I find myself checking our website often to see if she's been posting while I'm on campus.

The second person I remain impressed with is my Mom.  In the blog Ashley wrote you can see her loving compassion and deference to Ashley in all the ways that matter most.  Ashley and I have both felt a sincere effort from our parents to remain unobtrusive, yet still expressing genuine interest and love.

Thanks Mom, and thanks to Dad, and Ashley's parents as well!

The last one I'll say I'm impressed with in this post is Jesus Christ (feels like I'm accepting a Grammy, doesn't it?).  In all seriousness, he's been our close companion, teacher and comforter.  Spending time in the Word in the mornings has given Ashley and I insight into His words and love for us and every other person.  Lately, I've been challenged thinking about how Jesus was right when he said we'd experience many troubles in this life.  The troubles we've found being married and working and studying and trying to know Him are great, but His joy is present even greater for us as a result.

2 comments:

  1. And may I say that I am impressed with you? It truly gives a peace of mind knowing that Ashley married such a Godly man!

    I am also totally impressed with Ashley's cooking endeavors. She has raised the bar for newly weds everywhere! Way to go, Ash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lexie! Thank you for being a good friend to Ashley.

    I also think Ashley's cooking has raised the bar. Last night I came home to the smell of fresh blueberry muffins. Mmm Mmm!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!