Thursday, September 24, 2009

Asparagus Victory

Brian has always said he doesn't like asparagus. I love asparagus; it's one of my favorite vegetables. I've tried to convince Brian that if he had my asparagus he would like it, but he insisted that it didn't matter how it was cooked or who cooked it.



Until last night! He ate every bite. One olive oil-coated skillet + a little kosher salt and fresh ground pepper + fresh asparagus = asparagus-loving husband. I felt like a very victorious woman.

3 comments:

  1. brian watch out, it will start out with vegetables but who knows where it will lead to! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY another convert! I used to hate asparagus too, because I was used to the mushy canned kind. We had asparagus just last week (I don't buy it often because it is a bit pricey here ...)
    One of my favourite things about Dennis is that he loves his vegetables! He actually cooked asparagus for me on one of our first "dates."

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!