Tuesday, June 1, 2010

10 Months!

I've never been one for month anniversaries. I've always thought they were kind of silly to be honest. Mostly because the very word describes a yearly remembrance. Wikipedia defines it as, "(from the Latin anniversarius, from the words for year and to turn, meaning returning yearly.

From the first month Brian has at least acknowledged our month anniversaries. And even with all my skepticism, who could scorn that? I thought it was incredibly thoughtful until about 5 months ago when I found out that his twin sister texted him on the first of every month and wished him happy anniversary. Thanks Michelle ;)

But even on the months she doesn't text him, he still remembers and sometimes even does something a little special like picking up a bottle of wine on his way home. I know what some of you are thinking, "Newlyweds." And I'm sure it's true, but I'm still going to enjoy it. 

Tonight when I got home Brian kept commenting on how great my parsley looked. He's not the gardening type, so after a minute or two I poked my head outside and there were three friends for my parsley plant: Oregano, basil and chives. 
I'm headin' up to the Walmart first thing in the morning for potting soil. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 10 months! I'm so glad that you are back. I enjoy your blog. Do you still have the top of your cake? That one year is coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christian :)

    We ate our cake topper on our wedding night. There was no way to get it back to Colorado without it spoiling and I'd heard year old cake was usually gross. I'm sure on August 1st I'll wish I'd saved some though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading your newest posts. Welcome back to the blog! I've missed you and your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 10 months! So exciting! :) I love/roll my eyes at the 'newlywed' comments and usually respond by saying, we'll still act like newlyweds at 50. way to go with remembering each month, brian! so impressive! and yes...welcome back to the blogging world--i'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY BABE HOPE YALL ARE DOIN WELL LOVE YALL AUNT KIM

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!