Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day folks. I kicked off my national holiday at Target for new team member orientation. Brian took my picture this morning in my Target red shirt (Beside me is my new Parsley plant. Isn't it sweet?)
The HR rep that did my training was awesome. I could tell that she genuinely liked working at Target. And the typical cheesy training videos weren't that bad. I actually learned a lot. Target has a customer service motto of "Fast, Fun and Friendly." And as I walked through the store and met other team members I got the feeling that was really true of the culture of this particular store. 

After work we went to Vic and Sandy's to BBQ with the fam and our friend Alex came along. 
As we finished up burgers and brawts Brian read a excerpt about the history of Memorial Day. It was very appropriate and moving to stop in the midst of festivities and reflect on the reason for the holiday- the service men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!