Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This was my very first year away from home for Thanksgiving. I wasn't away from home so much as I was at a new home. We spent the holiday with Brian's people in Colorado Springs. His twin and her husband came up from Mississippi and brought their friend Bryan Christopher and their german shepherd puppy. Brian's oldest sister and her family and Brian's grandparents live in the Springs, so they were there and of course Brian's parents graciously hosted all of us. We stayed for three days and each day there was a smattering of different people dropping by to visit.

Matt and Michelle

Grandpa and Grandma Ramsey


I'm not used to such large crowd since we always had comparatively small holidays and since it's just Brian and me up in here in Lakewood. But even though I wasn't used to all the excitement, I really enjoyed it. We went to bed tired but not drained each night and looked forward to being with family again each day.


On Thanksgiving we went on group hike through Palmer Park. I wore my house shoes because I forgot my tennis shoes at home. I'm sure it was a very nice hike, but all I could think about was how much my feet hurt.



As glad as we were yesterday to be sleeping in our own bed and back in our own house, we were a little sad driving back that we wouldn't be waking up to a houseful of family and friends.

Today we are back to life as usual. Brian is at Starbucks cranking out heat transfer homework and I'm washing clothes and trying to organize our Christmas decorations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!