Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Leatherheads

Last night Brian and I watched Leatherheads with Renee Zellweger, George Clooney and John Krasinski (The Office). Allstar cast right? I thought so, but even with a great cast the movie was a total waste of time. It was two hours long and very, very slow. When the movie was over I didn't like any of the characters. No one had integrity or likability.

So I write this morning to save you from wasting your 3 dollars for the rental and two hours of your life that you'll never get back.

On a less critical note, Brian and I are leaving this morning to go to the Springs to spend Thanksgiving with his family! We are really excited. Even though we live just a little over an hour from away we've only made it down two times since we've been married. It's hard to leave for a whole day when there's so much work to be done for Brian's classes.

I'm getting a hair cut today as well. It always makes me feel better to have a new hair cut and I've been feeling kind of yucky lately, so I'm hoping this will pull me out of my slump.

I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving wherever you are. If you feel like you have nothing else to be thankful for this year, remember that God's very nature is the believer's greatest source of joy. He gives us strength for today and hope for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. We didn't like that movie either. I think I might have fallen asleep or gotten up and baked something I was so bored.

    I think I need a recent picture to see your hair at its current length.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw "Leatherheads" and thought it was only OK, definitely not worth recommending. I didn't particularly think it was slow though, but we watch a lot of movies from the 1930's and 1940's which have a similar pace. I thought they were trying to beckon back to the classic Cary Grant, Irene Dunn, and Jimmy Stewart screwball comedies -- and I think George Clooney was a good choice to fill that "Cary Grant" role -- but it really lacked the charm big time.

    Anyway, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!