Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Laurie's Fresh Apple Cake

I left this out of my Fall Break recipes because the post was getting too long. But I did also make friend Laurie's Fresh Apple Cake. I served it twice (half to D & K and the other half at Brian's family Monday night, it was a crowd pleaser with both groups). 


Fresh Apple Cake
 2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
3 cups peeled and chopped fresh apples (I've been using 3 large Gala apples)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-in. tube pan. Mix sugar, oil, and eggs until well-combined (about 2 min.) Add salt, soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and flour. Mix well. Fold in pecans and apples. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean (it took 90 minutes for Laurie and me). Remove from pan and pour glaze over cake while still warm.

Glaze:
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter (softened, NOT melted)

Mix well and pour over cake. 


I hate peeling apples. I almost baked something else when I saw I had to peel apples. But Brian, being full of surpises, can perfectly peel apples. It's a skill ya know. A skill I don't have and now I don't need ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!