Thursday, April 21, 2011

DMV and A couple new books

I have lived in Colorado since September 2008. Since that time I've failed to obtain a Colorado Driver's license. I've registered my vehical and got Colorado insurance, but still no license. It's not that I haven't tried. I did. I went to the DMV last year but they only took cash or check (I had neither that day) and the line was literally out the door. So I did what anyone else would do: cried and gave up. Until this week that is. At our preadmission appointment we learned that if I did not change my license to my new married name, I would be Ashley Harris on Ava's birth certifcate even though my social security card is in Ramsey. 

So this morning I grumpily pulled out my documentation and went to the DMV. I was there before it opened and got to the counter pretty quickly. But I had forgotten to bring my marriage license to prove my new last name. Even though I had my social security card with it. But the guy was nice and told me that when I came back I didn't have to wait in line, I could just walk right up. So I did that and now I have a Colorado driver's license! Well, more accurately I have a temporary slip of paper until mine arrives in 30 days. It feels good to be legal!

After my money post yesterday I saw a review over at Challies for Randy Alcorn's new book Manging God's Money. I figured I pass it on to you guys. I usually find Challies' reviews right on and Randy Alcorn's writing very true, so probably worth a read.

Randy Stinson and Dan Dumas of Southern Seminary also have a new booklet out that I can't wait to get for Brian, A Guide to Biblical Masculinity. Our friend Steve Watters is the editor and since I've seen a lot of Steve's work while at Boundless I'm super excited for this new project of his. 


1 comment:

  1. I just bought a used motorcycle, and between registration and a new license I had to go to the DMV 6 times! They should hire me to fix all their problems.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!