Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dear freshman Brian, pt. 1

Dear freshman Brian,

It's 2005 for you, fall to be precise, and I have words of wisdom to impart to you. I'm the Brian of 2009, so trust me when I say you have a lot of growing up to do. What do you think it means to be a man? What are you even living for? I know the habits, the broken perspectives, and the cowardice in your heart, dude. There are a lot of things you're going to need mentors for in the coming few years, especially thinking about school, work, relationships, and the Gospel.


Freshman Brian

Let me provide a little guidance for you to start. There's a prevailing myth that because you're "young" you can skate through everything without taking responsibility for your growth. Look at all your friends and classmates. Some of them slack-off, complain about everything, date more girls than there are days in a year, and veg out on video-games. That means you are excused for doing the same, right?

Wrong. I know the lies you're believing and how they affect you. I want to bring you the truth on some things with the hope of life transformation for you and so that you'll exercise Godly wisdom in your relationships with others. You already know Jesus Christ. You've tasted His love. You have a hope living inside you. I'll tell you just how deep the meaning of this goes. I believe you know some of these things already, but I'll remind you out of love. You've missed some major pieces of wisdom along the way. Let me tell you what that will mean for you...

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie,

    Is this picture from when you had your wisdom teeth removed? The right side of your head looks pretty swollen. Poor freshman Brian ;)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!