Friday, October 16, 2009

Aren't You?

Ashley has this cute and perplexing habit that seems to be coming up more frequently lately.  When she wants something, or wants to go do something, what would normally be a statement becomes a question.  Examples?

Rather than saying "I want to go to sleep" she'll say,

"Aren't you ready to go to sleep?"

Rather than "I think we should go brush our teeth" it's,

"Don't you want to go brush your teeth?"

My favorite quality about these questions is the cute lilting at the end which makes it seem less like a threat and more like a sweet pondering.  I can see right through it, though.  I know she's anticipating a positive response from me, and she's right to expect it.

What prompted this blog post tonight?

While enjoying milkshakes and an episode of the Office:
"Aren't you sick from so much milkshake?"

1 comment:

  1. Our friend Heidi does that questioning thing too!

    Random: today is Boss's Day and I gave my boss the official Dunder Mifflin "World's Best Boss" mug. Oh and then on the phone earlier tonight I caught myself saying "That's what she said." It was totally unintentional; but that really was what she said... :) Don't you love the Office?!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!