Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You Can Homemake That?

I am so stuffed. Good Stuffed, not gross stuffed. This evening I made homemade cream of mushroom soup. I did not know you could make condensed soup from scratch until recently. I know it sounds very obvious that down the line it had to be "homemade" by someone, but it honestly never occurred to me. 

I used the cream of mushroom in a chicken, broccoli, and wild rice casserole and it made all the difference. You have have not had chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole until you have made it with homemade cream of mushroom.

I write this to urge you at least once just for fun when you have some time make your own cream of mushroom soup. It's so easy and so yummy that it will make you lick the serving spoon as you load it into the dishwasher.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Can you post or add a link to the recipe you used for both the soup and the casserole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added the links to the post. Hope you enjoy it Ashleigh :)

    One note, I added some spices like thyme and parsley to my soup. Her recipe was a little bland for me.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!