Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sleeping In

This morning is the first time ever that I did not get up with Brian to fix his breakfast and drink coffee with him before he went off to work. I was SO tired and he let me sleep in. But now that I'm up ... three hours later, I'm a little worried.

Was he able to make his own breakfast? Surely, he did it before we married and does it on Saturday mornings when we have pancakes. And there's a dirty knife in the sink where he spread peanut butter on his toast, so all is good on that front.

Who talked to him as he ate it? No one, he actually got to read the scriptures in peace this morning without his wife interrupting every five minutes to talk about Christmas lights or dinner plans.

So I guess it was a win-win. He had an uninterrupted quiet time and I got three hours extra "quiet time." But I'm a little sad that I missed out on our morning routine.

Making Brian's breakfast at 6am can be a drag some mornings when I really want to sleep, but it's one of the ways I get to serve him. Brian serves me all day long by working hard and preparing for his engineering career. His study habits and posture toward his studies have radically changed since we got married and I know he's making his work a sacrificial offering first to God and then to me. And on my good days, I can see that and I'm thankful for it.

Being a companion to Brian and caring for his more domestic needs is how I'm best able to sacrificially love him in this season of our marriage, so I probably won't make sleeping in a routine thing but it sure was nice this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!